Syed Asad Ali Conservation Award
Small Grants Programme
WWF-Pakistan established the Syed Asad Ali Conservation (SAAC) Award in the loving memory of celebrated conservationist, Syed Asad Ali in 2000. The award recognizes individual conservationists with outstanding contributions in nature conservation in Pakistan.
Individuals working at grassroots level from all over Pakistan are eligible to apply for the award. The award is granted to individual conservationists based on their personal contribution to the cause of conservation.
The Scientific Committee and the Award Management Committee assesses the candidates based upon the criteria set by the Boards of Governors, WWF-Pakistan:
- Contribution to nature conservation in Pakistan
- Dedication to nature conservation
- Field work and past achievements related to nature conservation
- Discovery of new facts and an effort towards their dissemination at community level
Nomination submission and selection process
- WWF-Pakistan invites nominations for Syed Asad Ali Conservation Award every year through advertisements in national leading newspapers, and through WWF-Pakistan website;
- The Scientific Committee and the Award Management Committee scrutinizes all nominations, and forwards shortlisted nominations to the Board of Governors for consideration;
- The WWF-Pakistan Board of Governors then makes the final selection based upon the Scientific Committee’s recommendations.
The recipient of the award is presented PKR 50,000 cash, a certificate of appreciation and a memento in a ceremony held annually. Guests at the ceremony include experienced conservationists, experts from relevant government departments and educational institutions.