- Earth Hour will be hosed by prominent Shopping Mall The Forum
Official Commitment by The FORUM
'We at Forum have planned to switch off 60% of our lights. That include our main atrium lights, corridor’s lights, front neon sign, 3 passenger lifts (office block), and car park lights. Also we have decided to switch off our 340 ton central air conditioning of mall. I would personally be present in the building and ensure that all above mentioned steps are taken by my staff.
On the other hand, we will inform all the shop owners to cooperate with us and switch off all their non essential lights between 8-30pm to 09-30pm
We acknowledge the support of The Forum Mall for Earth Hour 2011. Please take Video Clips and Photographs of all your Events and activities.
- Uch power has registered to Earth Hour 2011. Uch Power is Combined Cycle Power Station located in Dera Murad Jamali, District Nasirabad, Baluchistan. Our H/o is located in Islamabad in F-7/2 on Margalla Road. They have officially committed to;
We at Uch Power Plant are celebrating Earth Hour, 2011. In this connection we like to be part of the participants list and may be next year we will hopefully be in the sponsor's list. Please see below the program schedule.
To participate, everyone on site will turn off all lighting and electrical appliances in their colony rooms during the hour and assemble at gymnasium where we will together light-up candles and then small presentations on saving Environment by UPL site staff members will be given as per following program:
Turning off lights and electrical appliances : 8:30 pm
Gather at gymnasium : 8:40 pm
Light-up candles : 8:50 pm
Environment presentation/speech : 9:00 pm
- MISHAL, A leading Media Communication and public Relation company has registered 32 press Clubs across Pakistan to Earth Hour 2011. All the Press Clubs are holding Swictching off, Candle Lighting and Earth Hour Walk 2011.
Islamabad National Press Club, Lahore Press Club, Karachi Press Club are organizing Public Events and EH Candle Lighting Ceremonies. MISHAL has also announced best Earth Hour 2011 Press Club Story Award. All the Journalists of the Press Clubs will be writing articles on Earth Hour 2011 in their respective News papers.
- Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority Pakistan for the first time has registered to Earth Hour. WWF-Pakistan is overwhelmed by the support extended by CAA across the Country for Earth Hour.
The Team of enthusiastic CAA team is organizing a candle lighting event at the Head Quarters of CAA and four major international airports of the country namely JIAP Karachi, ALLAP Lahore, BBIAP Islamabad and Peshawar Airport are participating in Earth Hour 2011.
1- All CAA employees (officers & staff) are encouraged to participate in the Earth Hour 2011 event of lighting candles at HQCAA and above airports.
2- All four Air Port Managers are ensuring switching off at least 50% non-operational lights.
3- Airports have placed EH 2011 Streamers and Posters at five marked area/spots
This is a great News for WWF-Pakistan and we acknowledge the support extended by CAA to make EH 2011 a mega success.
- "PIA is proud to join Earth Hour Campaign; the largest voluntary action in history and the world’s largest global climate change initiative that started in 2007 with the participation of 2 million people which reached I billion people last year. We as a responsible corporate citizen, are poised to extend our fullest support to the noble cause and will be turning out all non-essential lighting for one hour at all PIA buildings".
Following is a brief of actions PIA plans to undertake towards this noble cause:
1. Poster signing at Executive Corridor in Head Office by PIA Board of Directors, Senior Executives and other PIA Team Members to reflect the airline commitment with this global climate change initiative
2. MD's message on TV
3. Switching off all non-essential lights of its business centers across the network on March 26th, 2011 between 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm
4. Earth Hour website link on the main PIA website where one can get himself registered on www.wwfpak.org/earthhour to pledge to switch off the lights during the HOUR
5. An official email to PIA Award Plus members telling them that PIA is supporting Global Earth Hour Campaign and also seeks their support by simply turning out all non-essential lighting during hour and join hundreds of millions of concerned citizens across the globe in showing the world we can work together to resolve the issue of global warming.
6. Earth Hour Poster will be displayed at our business centers to encourage employees and passengers to take part in Earth Hour
7. PIA Scouts will actively take part in this move and will distribute pamphlets to PIA Employees and PIA Families and at PIA Model School as well as PIA Township.
8. PIA will take Earth Hour Campaign to new heights by launching an enhanced awareness use only essential lights on permanent basis thus reflecting its true love for the planet
9. Exclusive article on PIA 's contribution as one of the Ambassador of the Earth Hour Launch in Pakistan in HUMSAFAR"
- Crescent Steels and Allied Product Limited has extended unprecedented generosity of donating 100,000 PKRs to support the activities of Earth Hour 2011 nation-wide.
Crescent Steels and Allied Bank Product Limited will also observe the EH 2011 by switching off all non-essential lights at all facilities at Karach, Jamshoro, Distt. Hyderabad, Jaranwala, Fasilabad, Bhone, Jhang and Lahore
Also the employees have registered to the Maximum Registration Award Competetion at the Earth Hour website.
WWF-Pakistan is excited to have overwhelming support extended by Crescent Steels and Allied Product Limited for EH 2011.
- HSBC Pakistan has registered to EH 2011 in a BIG WAY. They will be
participating in Earth Hour 2011 by;
1. By switching off the lights across all its offices in Karachi,
Lahore, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad & Sialkot.
2. Employees to registeration for Earth Hour on the WWF website. Will
you be providing us with a daily MIS of HSBC registrants, so that we can
work towards achieving the target figure of enrollments.
3. An Earth Hour Quiz for the employees on the Intranet, in order to
raise awareness amongst them about environment conservation. The
employees with correct entries will get a chance to win prizes through a
Lucky Draw. Appreciate if you can send the details for the Prizes that
we will be offering the Quiz Winners, need to work out the HSBC branding
option on the items.
4. Registered Bahria Complex III & Shaheen Complex to also participate
by switching off their lights etc.
:Karachi Electric Supply Company (KESC), will be actively participating and endorsing Earth hour 2011. KESC has officially committed to the following:
- 1. KESC commits to switch off/dimming lights of our offices and other insulations on 26th March 2011 from 8:30PM to 9:30PM.
- KESC commits to send emailers to all our strategic customers and to our internal base of employees.
- KESC will place Earth hour pledge boards at key KESC offices, plants and integrated business centers to take pledges from employees as well as external customers.
- KESC will also place Earth hour message through 10 billboards sites provided by WWF.
- KESC team will participate with LED lights at the main event to be held at Mazar-e-Quaid on 26th March.
- KESC will also take out pre and post event press release.
:The Honorable Provincial Minister for Environment, Sheikh Mohammad Afzal signed Sindh Earth Hour Declaration at Minister's Secretariat.
The Honorable Provincial Minister for Environment, Sheikh Mohammad Afzal signed Sindh Earth Hour Declaration at Minister's Secretariat. The Minister officially declared Sindh as EH Province and Karachi as Earth Hour City. Furthermore, seventeen Land Marks in Sindh and fourteen in Karachi are offcially registers as EH 2011 Land Marks.
The Honourable Minister with his fellow parliamentarians and exclusive guest will be lighting candles followed by EH 2011 Walk at tomb of Quiad-e-Azam at 8:30 to 9:30.
The Hour to make a Difference is Coming.....JOIN NOW EARTH HOUR 2011
Warid has for the first time endorsed the Earth Hour. Below are their official commitment for Earth Hour 2011.
1. Warid Commits to switch off/dimming lights of our offices including Contact
Centers on 26th March 2011 8:30PM to 9:30PM
2. Warid Commits to display Earth Hour official banner and linking 30 seconds
Earth Hour 2011 video presentation at our commercial website.
3. Warid Commits to circulate e-broacher amongst employees and will
introduce Singtel's LESS (Little Eco Steps) concept amongst employees.
4. Warid Commits to send awareness Bulk SMS to 3 Million High revenue generating customers
5. Warid team will Organise a candle light gathering of approximately 20
employees at Customer Service Contact Center Lahore for a group photo for media
release and a 30 minutes interactive session on environment protection and Little Eco Steps such as Paper Free Culture in Organization, ensuring to switch off unnecessary office lights etc.
Its not to late Join NOW! The hour to make a difference is coming!. Please register on http://www.wwfpak.org/earthhour/index.php for earth Hour and Your Beyond the Hour commitment.
Hashoo Group has registered all the properties of Hashoo Group including
Marriot and PC across the Country as EH 2011 Land Marks.
1. Switching off the lights of all properties of PC and Marriot
across the country between 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm on March 27th 2010
2. Official statement by the selected representative from PC and
Marriott across the country
3. Lighting candles/diya at all properties by the managers and
possibly the guests during that hour
4. Place Earth Hour letter in the rooms for the guest in all the
properties across the country
7. Display posters of official launch in all properties of Marriott
and PC and provide the list to WWF-Pakistan for dispatching the posters
8. Candle lit earth hour dinner at all the properties.
Let's all together make EH 2011 a MEGA SUCCESS.....Join Now
- WWF-Pakistan Earth Hour 2011
GEO News: Official Media Partner Sponsored by: Inbox Co Sponsors: Qarshi Industries
After registering Sindh Province as EH 2011 Province, The Environment
and Alternative Energy Department, Government of Sindh in collaboration
with EPA complex has registered the following Land Marks across Sindh
for EH 2011.
1. Chief Minister of Sindh House, Karachi Pakistan
2. Governor of Sindh House, Karachi Pakistan
3. Sindh Secretariat No 1, Karachi Pakistan
4. Sindh Secretariat No 2, Karachi Pakistan
5. Sindh Secretariat No 3, old KDA Building, Karachi Pakistan
6. New Sindh Secretariat No 6, Old State Bank Building, KarachiPakistan
7. Sindh Secretariat's All Barracks including 4A and 4 B, Karachi Pakistan
8. Sindh Assembly, Karachi Pakistan
9. MPA Hostel, Karachi Pakistan
10. Environment and Alternative Energy Department's Building, Karachi Pakistan
11. City District Government Karachi - Civic Center, KarachiPakistan
12. Karachi Water and Sewerage Board offices, Karachi Pakistan
13. City District Government Karachi - Old KMC Building, Karachi Pakistan
14. City District Government Karachi - Buildings of 18 Towns
15. District Government Hyderabad - Shahbaz Building, Hyderabad Pakistan
16. All offices of Sindh Government throughout Sindh province
17. All District Government offices throughout Sindh province.
- Atiqa Odho, WWF-Pakistan's official Earth Hour 2011 Ambassador
inaugurates Earth Hour in Islamabad with WWF-Pakistan's Green Schools including Roots School System, Beacon House School System and Froebel's International, and ACE International.
Atiqa Odho lit candles with students and led the March with hundreds of
students for Earth Hour 2011.
Atiqa, at the occasion motivated the students by expressing that this is
the opportunity for all of us participate in the world's largest
voluntary campaign. She also invited students to observe the EH 2011 and
said that 'we can only succeed in this task with the participation of
youth of the country. This is an effort, which all of us have to
undertake together because we collectively hold the environment in trust
for future generations and all of us must act as responsible guardians'.
Atiqa will be leading the EH 2011 events and activities from Karachi on
March, 26th, 2010 between 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- Government of Sindh Environment and alternative Energy Department and EPA Complex registers to Earth Hour 2011. The Honorable Minister for Environment and Alternative Energy, Mr. Sheikh Mohammad Afzal officially made two official announcements;
1. One of the World Largest Cities, Karachi has registered for the first
time to observe Earth Hour.
2. Government of Sindh has registered Sindh as Earth Hour Province for
the first time on Friday.
The Sindh Environment and Alternative Energy Department has donated 25
billboards across Karachi for Earth Hour Public Service messages and all
the hanging streamers across Shahra-e-Faisal and and Clifton areas.
The list of cities in Sindh participating in EH, Land marks in Karachi
and details about the activities will be shared shortly.
Its not too late to participate...Join Now EH 2011 and become part of
exciting news alerts and activities.
Wasim Akram, Official Ambassadors Inaugurates Earth Hour with
WWF-Pakistan's Green Schools
Dawood Public School and London Cambridge at Dawood Public School
TO SPREAD THE WORD FOR EARTH HOUR 2011 Between 7 pm to 8 pm
- Thursday, February 17th 2011.
Wasim Akram inaugurated Earth Hour 2011 with WWF-Pakistan's Green Schools including London Cambridge and Dawood Public School at Dawood Public School in Karachi.
WWF-Pakistan launched Earth Hour with the Green Schools to celebrate a worldwide commitment to ongoing change for the betterment of the one thing that unites us all - the planet.
The Green Students from these schools lit candles and marched with Wasim Akram, as a symbolic act to summon others to stand up, to take responsibility, to get involved and lead the global journey to a sustainable future.
Supporting Earth Hour is something to be proud of. So show the world
you're taking action on climate change. Join WWF-Pakistan to give people a voice and work together to create a better future for our planet
The ceremony closed with the Green Students singing the National Anthem with the Ambassador, Wasim Akram
- Launch of Earth Hour 2011 official Ambassadors
Tuesday, February 15th 2011
WWF-Pakistan first time in the history of Pakistan and WWF-Pakistan launched the Earth Hour official Ambassadors
in Karachi at Sheraton. The Earth Hour 2011 is sponsored by Inbox. Geo
News is the official media partner for the Earth Hour 2011. The
Corporate Ambassadors so far include Rose Petal and PPL. The invitation
to corporate Ambassadors are open till 15th March.
The official WWF-Pakistan's Earth Hour Ambassador include; Wasim Akram,
Iman Ali, Reema Khan Abrar-ul-Haq, Ateeqa Odho and Vaneeza Ahmed.
WWF-Pakistan launched its Earth Hour Ambassadors to celebrate a
worldwide commitment to ongoing change for the betterment of the one
thing that unites us all - the planet.
Ali Hassan Habib, Director General, WWF-Pakistan tagged Wasim Akram as
the Ambassadors, Azhar Abbas MD, GEO News and Inbox as supporters. Wasim
Akram tagged all other Ambassadors lit candles and opened the Earth Hour
2011 for public to join and will be participating in Earth Hour 2011 in their respective cities.
The Ambassadors also gave endorsements for the Earth Hour 2011 on GEO
News appealing the nation to join Earth Hour on March 26th, from 8:30 pm to 9:30 Pm.
All the Ambassadors will be participating in all the Earth Hour activities till and on March 26th, 2011 from their respective cities.
Do not think Join WWF-Pakistan's Earth Hour activities NOW as corporate Ambassadors and Co sponsor WWF Pakistan
We have are official Earth Hour Promo on line now. Please visithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nsN8Hmh8lw
to watch the Earth Hour Promo 2011.
- A cricket icon, Mr. Wasim Akram
joins Earth Hour 2011 as an official Ambassador of WWF-Pakistan. Mr.
Akram will be participating in Earth Hour 2011 events and activities.
15 February 2011
Earth Hour Ambassador 2011
TO SPREAD THE WORD FOR EARTH HOUR 2011,
Switch off your lights for Earth Hour at 8:30pm on 26th March 2011
And show the world what can be done,
The largest environmental campaign in history more